Teaching resource packs for air quality and other topics are available from the Crucial Crew website.
Suggested activities for the classroom relating to air quality:
1.Hold a class discussion on air quality – questions to debate could include
- Why is air quality important?
- How do you feel about air pollution?
- How can we improve air quality in York?
- What can we do as individuals to improve air quality?
- Should the polluter pay – do you think we should allow polluting vehicles into the city?
- Why is it important to monitor air quality?
2.Design a poster showing the causes and consequence of poor air quality. Get the children to work in groups and present their posters to the class.
3.Compare different modes of transport and look at their relative benefits in terms of air quality impact (e.g. small car, large 4×4, bus, train, walking, cycling).